Have you ever heard of the term Intimate Wedding and wondered what it means? While intimate weddings have been around for a while they have grown in popularity recently. I have been blessed to capture a few of these beautiful events and I love them!
An intimate wedding is: A gathering of very close family and friends (usually less than 50 guests) to celebrate the marriage of one very special couple. Sometimes after an intimate wedding ceremony there will be a larger reception with more guests but not always.
There are many reasons for hosting an intimate wedding.
- One of the main reasons is to keep the focus on the bride and groom. As fun as it is to have a big party there is something special about letting the attention be on the happy couple.
- Another reason is cost. When there are fewer guests obviously the cost can lower.
- There are more options. When it comes to having a smaller group the amount of places you can go or get into .
- A more personal experience. One on one time with your guests. Maybe the chance to involve each of your loved ones as a part of your day.
- An untraditional experience.
While an intimate wedding is not for everyone maybe this sounds ideal for you? It sure did for me and I don’t regret it one bit. The intimate wedding was great for me because I just got to enjoy my day. Selfish maybe? But if there was ever a day to be selfish shouldn’t it be your wedding?